On this page you can see the latest community news, see the latest charity fundraising and community events around Norfolk and find details of local charities so that you can get involved too.
When we set up NorfolkPlaces in 2011 one of our core principles was to support the fine work within our community where possible. There are so many wonderful organisations with lots of brilliant people working in charitable organisations for the good of our community – for the environment and nature, family health and education and many other good causes.
Other local and national directories/media charging charities for advertising and promotion but that didn’t sit right with us. We simply don’t charge charities and we do as much as we can on our NorfolkPlaces platform to raise awareness of the great work they do; This makes us unique in our industry and is our little way of helping communities and charities across Norfolk. It’s not the first time we’ve shaped and influence the way companies in our industry work, so in this case if other media/directory companies copy our approach it’ll be a great victory for our community.
Latest Norfolk Community & Charity News
Here’s the latest news. See all community news articles here.
- EACH Chief Executive Graham Butland announces retirement The long-serving and much respected …Read More »
- East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) is excited to announce another new addition …Read More »
- Landscape Gardener Teams Up With Local Bereavement Charity to Create A Bereavement …Read More »
Children’s hospices ‘a truly heart-warming example to us all,’ says Her Royal Highness The Duchess of CambridgeChildren’s hospices ‘a truly heart-warming example to us all,’ says Her Royal …Read More »
- Last year we ran an article to highlight the nominations process for …Read More »
- Cromer Pier’s Claude the Crab is to put his pincers to good …Read More »
Charity and fundraising events in Norfolk
Charities in Norfolk
Find details about local charities in Norfolk, and how you can donate or get involved. There’s a selection below and if you click “view all” you can see more.